Modified for our tastes from Cooking Light - trying to cook more healthy here!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 small sweet onion, chopped
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, presliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2/3 cup organic chicken broth
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1/2 lemon, juice of (use same lemon for zest)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1Cook penne by directions; a few minutes before pasta appears to be finished, blanch asparagus in pasta pot. Drain both and keep warm (this should be going on at the same time the rest of the dish is being made).
- 2Heat oil in large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion, saute' until tender (five minutes or so). Add thyme and garlic to pan, and saute' for another minute. Add flour evenly and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
- 3Stir in chicken broth and half and half; cook for two minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Add peas, Parmesan, lemon zest, lemon juice, and salt. Cook for 1 minute or until peas heated.
- 4Combine pasta/asparagus mixture with the rest of the dish; mix thoroughly and top with Parmesan.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Vegetable Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.7
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.2 mg
- Sodium 839.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of