Talk about a spring dish! I can't wait to try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen artichoke heart, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup drained diced, canned tomato
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the saffron and remove from heat, set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add the red pepper and onion and cook until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the artichokes and garlic and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 5Reduce the heat to low, and ddd the rice and stir to combine.
- 6Add the broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat so that the mixture simmers.
- 7Add the reserved saffron water, paprika and salt, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 8Remove the cover, stir in the beans and peas, cover again and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- 9Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Vegetable Paella
Serving Size: 1 (321 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 112.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen artichoke hearts
low sodium vegetable broth