Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from Cooking at Home, from the Culinary Institute of America. I'm posting it for ZWT4. This is a classic recipe, makes an easy brunch or supper.
- Steam or boil peas, carrots and asparagus until tender, drain well and set aside.
- Cook bacon in an ovenproof skillet over low heat until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon and place on paper towels to drain.
- Add vegetable oil to bacon grease (if necessary) to equal 2 tablespoons.
- Increase heat to medium/low and add the onion.
- Cook until transparent, stirring occasionally.
- Add vegetable mixture to onions and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another bowl, beat eggs and salt and pepper together.
- Pour over mixture in skillet and add bacon crumbles. Stir gently.
- Preheat broiler.
- Reduce heat and cover eggs. Cook until almost set.
- Remove lid and place under broiler until eggs are lightly browned (about 3 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges.
- **Alternate recipe** Can also be made by substituting 1 cup of cooked, diced potatoes for the veggies.