Spring Vegetable and Ham Risotto
- Place the oil, butter and shallots in a heavy-bottomed pan and saute until softened.
- Stir in the rice and ham and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the vegetable bouillon over the saffron and leave to soak. Strain over the rice and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the celery, beans and asparagus and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the scallions and cheese. Season to taste, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Serve hot.