Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Wonderful dip found in Bon Appetit magazine! Serve with crostini, tortilla chips, or crudites. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh asparagus, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup leek, chopped (white and pale green parts only)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup mild white cheddar cheese, grated
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 14 ounces water-packed artichoke hearts, chopped and drained well
- 1⁄2 cup fresh peas (may use thawed frozen peas)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 4 ounces crumbled fresh goat cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cook the asparagus in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and let it cool.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the leeks and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the flour, then whisk in the milk. Brink to a simmer, whisking constantly. Cook until thickened; remove from the heat and add the cheddar cheese. Whisk until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold in the asparagus (reserve the tips), artichoke hearts, peas, chives, mint, parsley, grated lemon zest, and 2 oz crumbled fresh goat cheese.
- Transfer the mixture to a 4-5 cup baking dish; arrange the asparagus tips on top, and dot with another 2 oz crumbled goat cheese. Bake until golden brown and bubbling, 15 to 20 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Very flavorful, and quite a nice dip. The greens ( chives, mint, and parsley also made a nice combo, and colorful. Especially enjoyed the nice touch of mint flavor. Served this with some cool ranch doritoes, made for a nice after dinner snack for us, :). Made for Rookie Tag.