Recipe from Heidi Swanson. She has some great recipes!
Make and share this Spring Sunshine Salad With Citrus Parmesan Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 6-8 handfuls mixed salad greens, washed and dried well (or butter lettuce)
- 1-2 medium orange, sectioned, pith removed, cut in half
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml toasted nuts (sliced almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, etc)
- 118.29 ml sliced spring onion (scallions, or green onions)
- parmesan cheese, shavings to garnish
Citrus Parmesan Dressing
- 78.07 ml freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 oranges, zest and juice of
- 29.58 ml chopped shallots (or red onion, or scallions)
- 29.58 ml red wine vinegar
- 236.59 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1.23 ml lemon juice
- 0.5 ml salt
- 0.5 ml pepper
- Wash and dry salad greens well and place them in a large bowl.
- Add orange pieces, nuts, and onions.
- Toss well with the Citrus Parmesan Dressing .
- Add the avocado and toss the salad gently, so as not to mush the avocado.
- Sprinkle with some Parmesan shavings(using a vegetable peeler).
- Citrus Parmesan Dressing:.
- In a bowl combine the grated Parmesan, orange zest and juice, and the shallots.
- Whisk in the red wine vinegar.
- Whisk in the olive oil and finish by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Or you may use a jar and shake the dressing.
- A few more ideas from Heidi:.
- Gently heat the dressing and toss with spinach, for a warm, slightly wilted dinner salad.
- Use the vinaigrette as a marinade.
- Use it to toss with pasta (stuffed cheese filled pasta is an especially good choice).