1/1 Photo of Spring Sunshine Salad With Citrus Parmesan Dressing
Recipe from Heidi Swanson. She has some great recipes!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 handfuls mixed salad greens, washed and dried well (or butter lettuce)
- 1 -2 medium orange, sectioned, pith removed, cut in half
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup toasted nuts (sliced almonds, pine nuts, walnuts, etc)
- 1/2 cup sliced spring onion (scallions, or green onions)
- parmesan cheese, shavings to garnish
Citrus Parmesan Dressing
- 2Wash and dry salad greens well and place them in a large bowl.
- 3Add orange pieces, nuts, and onions.
- 4Toss well with the Citrus Parmesan Dressing .
- 5Add the avocado and toss the salad gently, so as not to mush the avocado.
- 6Sprinkle with some Parmesan shavings(using a vegetable peeler).
- 7Citrus Parmesan Dressing:.
- 8In a bowl combine the grated Parmesan, orange zest and juice, and the shallots.
- 9Whisk in the red wine vinegar.
- 10Whisk in the olive oil and finish by seasoning with salt and pepper.
- 11Or you may use a jar and shake the dressing.
- 12A few more ideas from Heidi:.
- 13Gently heat the dressing and toss with spinach, for a warm, slightly wilted dinner salad.
- 14Use the vinaigrette as a marinade.
- 15Use it to toss with pasta (stuffed cheese filled pasta is an especially good choice).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Sunshine Salad With Citrus Parmesan Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (1018 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 750.7
- Calories from Fat 654
- Total Fat 72.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 327.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed salad greens