Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is on my list...to make very soon! I got the recipe from a recent copy of Ladies home Journal! I'm excited, because I can actually find 'frozen edamame up here!' UPDATE: We enjoyed this recipe!! I added a little crushed red chili flakes to the mixture..with the fresh corn!
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 lb edamame, thawed
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (or to taste) or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Melt butter and oil in large heavy skillet over med high heat and cook edamame, stirring until almost tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add corn fresh or frozen and onion and continue to cook, stirring until veggies are softened, about 3 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in vinegar with salt and pepper to taste.
- Let mixture cool slightly and stir in basil.
- Serve dish warm or at room temperature.
Oh Katie, this was wonderful and indeed better than my own. To trim the calories a bit, I skipped the butter and sprinkled on some Butter Buds at the end. Used white balsamic vinegar (my new addiction) in lieu of red wine vinegar. I have now enjoyed this hot, at room temperature and as a cold salad. All of the variations were slightly different and just delicious. With the warm the tang of the vinegar is a little more pronounced. Cold the next day the sweet herbal flavor of the basil stands out a bit more. Thanks!