Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't remember what book I got this from but it is a big hit at potlucks. People always ask for the recipe. The orginal recipe calls for pears, but sometimes I use green apples. I save the oil that I toast the pine nuts in and use it in the vinaigrette. Also, I often use a bag of spinach with carrots. If I am short on time, I buy precooked chicken breasts or elimate it altogether.
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, washed and spun dry
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 1 ripe but firm pear, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries
sweet and tart vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Place spinach, feta, and cooled pine nuts, chicken in a large salad bowl. Add half of the dressing, and gently toss to mix. Arrange the pear or apple slices and raspberries on top and pour the remaining dressing over all. Serve without tossing again.
- Combine all the ingredients in a pint jar and shake to mix. Use right away or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.