Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a very good, easy, and healthy salad recipe. I serve mine with grilled chicken or sauteed shrimp as a main dish, or it makes a wonderful side salad.
- 59.14 ml white balsamic vinegar
- 4.92 ml honey
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh dill, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh tarragon, chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 1892.72 ml fresh Baby Spinach
- 236.59 ml fresh raspberry
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thin
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds, toasted
- Combine vinegar, honey, herbs, garlic and shallot. Slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. In a large bowl, toss spinach with 2 T. vinegarette, add more to taste. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
- If you are using raw sunflower seeds, simply spread them on a cookie sheet, and toast at 350 for 4 minutes until fragrant. Let cool before adding to salad.
This was quite lovely! I thought the herb vinaigrette was fantastic and the melange of vegetables with fruit was quite nice, especially the little bite of raspberry. I think this salad is good for everyday as well as entertaining and would recommend it to anyone as it is a superior spinach salad. Thanks for sharing. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009