Recipe by Jaudon
This is a very good, easy, and healthy salad recipe. I serve mine with grilled chicken or sauteed shrimp as a main dish, or it makes a wonderful side salad.
Top Review by Sue Lau
This was quite lovely! I thought the herb vinaigrette was fantastic and the melange of vegetables with fruit was quite nice, especially the little bite of raspberry. I think this salad is good for everyday as well as entertaining and would recommend it to anyone as it is a superior spinach salad. Thanks for sharing. Reviewed for PAC Spring 2009
- 1⁄4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup fresh raspberry
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thin
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vinegar, honey, herbs, garlic and shallot. Slowly whisk in oil to emulsify. In a large bowl, toss spinach with 2 T. vinegarette, add more to taste. Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
- If you are using raw sunflower seeds, simply spread them on a cookie sheet, and toast at 350 for 4 minutes until fragrant. Let cool before adding to salad.