Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. You MUST use fresh herbs for this one or it won’t turn out right! This would be a good potluck dish-makes a lot.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 2 cups slice asparagus
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Cook the pasta. Drain, reserving some of the water to steam the asparagus inches
- Pour pasta into a medium bowl.
- Set vegetable steamer in pot and reheat the water. Steam asparagus until just tender, but still bright green.
- Rinse, drain and pour into cooling pasta along with the vinegar and oil.
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add garlic, zucchini and basil sauté until zucchini is just barely tender.
- Add to pasta along with tomatoes, salt, parsley and fresh basil.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.