Recipe by dicentra
This is from the Horn of the Moon Cookbook. You MUST use fresh herbs for this one or it won’t turn out right! This would be a good potluck dish-makes a lot.
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 2 cups slice asparagus
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta. Drain, reserving some of the water to steam the asparagus inches
- Pour pasta into a medium bowl.
- Set vegetable steamer in pot and reheat the water. Steam asparagus until just tender, but still bright green.
- Rinse, drain and pour into cooling pasta along with the vinegar and oil.
- In a small frying pan, heat 2 tsp oil. Add garlic, zucchini and basil sauté until zucchini is just barely tender.
- Add to pasta along with tomatoes, salt, parsley and fresh basil.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.