Recipe by Bergy
I have not made this recipe but it sounds good and is a 15 minute recipe - need I say more? It is from an old Chatelaine magazine with a couple of minor changes by me
Top Review by Teddy's Mommy
I made this with extra hot Italian sausage. It was YUMMY!! I think my total cook/prep. time was around 40 minutes. I froze part of it, hopefully it'll come out of the freezer tasting half as good as it did fresh becaus this was great :-) thanks Bergy!
- 4 spicy sausage, like italian (I like Hot but your choice)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup yellow sweet pepper, cored and cut into narrow strips
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 0.5 (450 g) package fusilli (apprx 3 cups) or 0.5 (450 g) package rigatoni pasta (apprx 3 cups) or 0.5 (450 g) package ziti pasta (apprx 3 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta accoring to instructions and drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove sausage meat from the casings.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat., add sausage meat, garlic, salt & chopped onions, stir to crumble meat cook apprx 6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes to the meat micture, turn heat to high and bring to a boil, add peppers.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in drained, cooked pasta, mint & basil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you wish.