Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Addapted from a pasta dish. Taste the green. Serve with pasta or rice. Very attractive salmon dish.
- 2 salmon steaks, with skin (about an inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat your broiler.
- Pour fennel seeds into a small baggie and crush with a rolling pin. Add parsley, brown
- sugar, 1/4 tsp, and 1 tsp pepper to the bag, and shake to mix.
- Using your fingers, press the mixture into the skinless side of the salmon. Wrap in foil or set in lightly sprayed baking dish. Broil, skin side down, until it is no longer red in the center. About 8 minutes.