Recipe by IngridNL
Outstandingly delicious salad with sardines and asparagus. Of course you can always substitute the sardines with your own fish of choice.
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 bunch asparagus
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 5 ounces mixed salad greens
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces sardines, drained
- 12 black olives
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk vinegar, oil, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Add garlic and set aside.
- Cook asparagus until tender crisp. This depends on the size of the asparagus. If you are using thin asparagus this should only take about 3 minutes.
- Slice eggs.
- Divide salad greens between 2 plates.
- Top with eggs, asparagus, tomatoes, sardines and olives.
- Remove the garlic from the dressing and drizzle over the salads.