Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know it is very time consuming working with fresh fava beans but they are so good and worth the effort! This is a wonderful salad from Martha Stewart.
- coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh fava beans, shelled (11/2 cups)
- 1⁄2 head frisee, leaves separated
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach
- 3⁄4 cup packed of fresh mint
- 1 small carrot, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1 shallot, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Prepare an ice-water bath. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add fava beans, and cook until tender, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beans to ice-water bath. Drain, and squeeze beans from skin.
- Toss beans, frisee, spinach, mint, carrot, and shallot in a large bowl. Dot with tablespoons of goat cheese.
- Place vinegar in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over salad, and toss to coat. Serve immediately.