Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is what I came up with today. You can use any nut in place of the pistachios, but I found the taste of the raw pistachios very pleasant in this combonation. Also you can use any kind of green leaf salad. For the olives I used green olives stuffed with almonds. Cooking time actually is part of the preparation time because there is no cooking ...
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 4 tomatoes
- 1⁄2 avocado
- 2 tablespoons pistachios, raw
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 6 green olives, pitted
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flax seed oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine honey, cider vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add oils and stir until completely emulsified.
- Finely chop olives.
- Cut avocado and tomatoes into small cubes, add to the dressing, then add shredded lettuce (or whatever green you use).
- Add chopped olives, pistachios and cranberries and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
My son said that this is a very special salad! We all liked it very much! Instead of lettuche I used young sald leaves and I reserved the some cherry tomatoes (instead of normal tomatoes) and olives for decoration. The flavor was fantastick and the cranberries + pistachio gave a wonderful texture. Thanks Mia for this great recipe
Very easy and delicious salad. I did make a few substitutes that did not greatly alter the final result - I used up my avocado before I remembered I wanted to use 1/2 of it for this salad, so I subbed mushrooms (similar texture). Also, no pistachios so subbed slivered almonds. I loved the hint of cumin in the dressing. Thanks, Mia!