Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Per Vegetarian Times, "Many Irish salad dressings are called cream dressings because they include lots of cream. Here, we’ve lightened the sauce and added whole-grain mustard and buttermilk for extra tang."
- 2 large eggs
- 170.09 g asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium head butter lettuce, leaves separated (4 cups)
- 1 small bunch watercress, trimmed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced into half-moons (1/2 cup)
- 5 radishes, tops removed and cut into quarters
- 7.39 ml finely chopped shallots
- 6.16 ml whole grain mustard
- 4.92 ml red wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml low-fat mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml low-fat buttermilk
- Place eggs in medium saucepan and fill with water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cover saucepan with lid. Let eggs sit 10 minutes, then remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl of cold water. Remove shells when cool.
- Bring water back to a boil, and add asparagus. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green. Rinse under cold water, and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
- To make Dressing: Place shallots, mustard, vinegar, and sugar in small bowl, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in mayonnaise and buttermilk until smooth.
- To assemble Salad: Lay butter lettuce leaves on 2 large plates followed by asparagus, watercress, cucumber, and radishes. Slice eggs into quarters, and arrange on top of Salad. Drizzle 2 Tbs. dressing over each serving.
we LOVED this!!! Made for our VIP of the veggie swap 7/10. :)
This was served yesterday for lunch as our main dish and it was easy to prepare, delicious and colorful. The method for cooking the hard boiled eggs was a bit different than the way I usually hard boil them but it worked out perfectly. Substituted mixed greens for butter lettuce. Will make again! Reviewed for Veg Tag July.