1/1 Photo of Spring Salad With Buttermilk Cream Dressing
Per Vegetarian Times, "Many Irish salad dressings are called cream dressings because they include lots of cream. Here, we’ve lightened the sauce and added whole-grain mustard and buttermilk for extra tang."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces asparagus, trimmed
- 1 medium head butter lettuce, leaves separated (4 cups)
- 1 small bunch watercress, trimmed (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced into half-moons (1/2 cup)
- 5 radishes, tops removed and cut into quarters
- 1Place eggs in medium saucepan and fill with water to cover eggs by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and cover saucepan with lid. Let eggs sit 10 minutes, then remove with slotted spoon and place in bowl of cold water. Remove shells when cool.
- 2Bring water back to a boil, and add asparagus. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green. Rinse under cold water, and pat dry. Cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices.
- 3To make Dressing: Place shallots, mustard, vinegar, and sugar in small bowl, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in mayonnaise and buttermilk until smooth.
- 4To assemble Salad: Lay butter lettuce leaves on 2 large plates followed by asparagus, watercress, cucumber, and radishes. Slice eggs into quarters, and arrange on top of Salad. Drizzle 2 Tbs. dressing over each serving.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Salad With Buttermilk Cream Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (242 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 127.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 211.8 mg
- Sodium 135.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 10.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: