Recipe by Bizzy-Bee
This is a delicious and complex salad that goes well with grilled meat, fish or poultry.
- 10 ounces spring salad mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 cup toasted chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped (with some green from the tops)
- 2 just ripe Anjou pears, sliced in thin 1-inch pieces
- 4 -6 ounces crumbled gorgonzola (or other bleu cheese)
- to taste raspberry vinaigrette dressing (I like Marie's)
Directions See How It's Made
- TO TOAST NUTS:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet or shallow metal baking pan.
- Toast for a total of 10 minutes, gently shaking pan and checking progress at halfway point (5 minutes).
- Let toasted nuts cool before tossing with salad.
- TO ASSEMBLE SALAD:.
- Gently toss all ingredients in a large serving bowl and enjoy!