Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From apartmenttherapy.com. Easy! Quality ingredients, please! We tested this recipe with romaine hearts, radicchio, baby spinach and butter lettuce. Do not substitute a standard lemon for the Meyer lemon.
- 6 cups of washed baby greens like arugula and Baby Spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup fresh herb, chopped (your choice basil, lemon thyme, lemon verbena, Italian parsley, cilantro, etc.)
- 1 lemon, zest of, meyer
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh scallions
- 2 -3 chive blossoms
- 4 ounces goat cheese (we chose a locally made goat fromage blanc)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds (can sub walnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, etc.)
Meyer Lemon and Honey Vinaigrette
- 1 meyer lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (reduced from 1/3 cup)
- 1 tablespoon honey (to taste)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the greens, chopped herbs, lemon zest, chives and scallions.
- Whisk the vinaigrette ingredients together until completely emulsified. Taste and adjust sweetening or oil. Toss with the salad greens.
- Divide the salad among 4 salad plates.
- Pull the chive blossoms apart into small florets and scatter evenly over each salad. Top each salad with a scatters of the goat cheese and the almonds.