Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple salad that I like making during Spring/Summer. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
Make and share this Spring Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 -20 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet red onion, sliced into rings
- poppy seed dressing (bottled or homemade) or vinaigrette dressing
- Combine lettuce, spinach and cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Arrange oranges along inside rim of bowl.
- Place strawberries and kiwi on top of the oranges.
- Cover with onion rings.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss before serving.
Followed your ingredients right on down & used the poppy seed dressing for a wonderfully fresh & satisfying salad! Loved the combo of fruit & vegetables here & will certainly make it again! I especially look forward to making it sometime when we have special dinner guests! It would be a great hit, I know! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
This is wonderful with Vinaigrette dressing! Thank you for a healthy and good recipe!
I made this salad on Easter Sunday, but forgot to review. It was loved by all the adults (but not so much the kids... they thought it was weird)! The only detour I made from the original recipe was that I used 3 bags of prepackaged mixed greens to replace the first three ingredients (to save time and hassle). I had a bag of frozen sliced strawberries so I thawed them to use. I love the kiwi in this salad. You added three of my favorite fruits to this refreshing and very colorful salad! I used my own Poppy Seed Salad Dressing. I have this saved. Thanks for posting. (Made for PRMR)