Simple salad that I like making during Spring/Summer. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 -20 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 sweet red onion, sliced into rings
- poppy seed dressing (bottled or homemade) or vinaigrette dressing
- 1Combine lettuce, spinach and cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- 2Arrange oranges along inside rim of bowl.
- 3Place strawberries and kiwi on top of the oranges.
- 4Cover with onion rings.
- 5Add dressing to salad.
- 6Cover and refrigerate.
- 7Toss before serving.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Salad
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.1
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 54.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g