Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple salad that I like making during Spring/Summer. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1982)
Make and share this Spring Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
- 1 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 (12 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 12 -20 strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet red onion, sliced into rings
- poppy seed dressing (bottled or homemade) or vinaigrette dressing
- Combine lettuce, spinach and cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Arrange oranges along inside rim of bowl.
- Place strawberries and kiwi on top of the oranges.
- Cover with onion rings.
- Add dressing to salad.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Toss before serving.