Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes. I have not made it yet, so I have not made any type of changes.
- 1⁄2 lb snow peas
- 1⁄2 lb mixed green and yellow beans
- 6 red potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb carrot
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup fresh corn or 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 hardboiled egg
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, Finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Finely chopped
- Top and tail beans.
- Cook in lightly salted boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- Add potatoes to boiling salted water, Cook gently for 15 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Place peeled carrots in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover.
- Salt lightly, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until tender; drain.
- Add corn and peas to small amounts of lightly salted boiling water cook for 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Place beans, corn and peas on tea towel to drain while preparing dressing.
- Peel and seed tomatoes and cut into small dice.
- DRESSING: Whisk together egg yolks, Dijon mustard, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- When mixture begins to thicken, add 2 tablespoons of oil drop by drop, beating well.
- Thin with a 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Add remaining oil in a slow, steady stream.
- As mayonnaise thickens, thin by adding up to 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Stop adding oil when mayonnaise is desired thickness) Stir in shallots, honey, mint add parsley.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Arrange vegetables on one large plater or individual plates, and garnish with egg wedges.
- Thin mayonnaise with boiling water and lightly coat salad. (Any leftover mayonnaise can be refrigerated for up to 1 week).