Recipe by I'mPat
From our local/state paper's feature of Seven Recipes in Seven Days by Marg Johnson. Looks like a wonderful fresh breakfast/brunch. Times are estimated.
Top Review by ElizabethKnicely
This salad was good. We really liked the lemon garlic mixture in the salad dressing and the asparagus was soooo good. Thank you for a great salad that I will certainly use a lot this summer. Made for Went to the Market Game.
- olive oil
- 8 pieces prosciutto (small or 4 large strips)
- 12 asparagus spears (fat)
- 4 spring onions (big sliced thinly on the diagonal)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mixed salad greens (4 handfuls)
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a small film of oil in a wide-based pan and cook the prosciutto pieces until they change colour and then place on paper towelling so they drain and crisp up.
- Snap off the asparagus spears at the tender point, cut them in half on the diagonal and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes in hot water or until they are just tender and then drain them.
- Place a handful of greens neatly on each plate and arrange over the prosciutto pieces, asparagus spears and spring onions that you have sliced thinly on the diagonal.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the simmer and drop in the cracked eggs and simmer until the whites are set but the yolks remain soft and then lift them out the an egg slice and touch the base of this on a clean tea towel to drain and arrange an egg on each plate.
- For the dressing combine the juice of the lemon with the garlic and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add about 3 times the amount of olive oil to lemon juice and mix together and then drizzle over the salad.