Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
A tart vegetable salad to serve with at your next bbq or potluck dinner. Prep time is also chill time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup golden balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 -6 sprigs cilantro
- 2 medium cucumbers, unpeeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved or 4 medium tomatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1 small red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 medium red bell peppers (sliced into strips or chopped into bite size pieces) or 1 medium yellow bell peppers (sliced into strips or chopped into bite size pieces) or 1 medium green bell pepper (sliced into strips or chopped into bite size pieces)
- Mix together red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, sugar and dill weed.
- Add prepared fresh vegetables and cilantro, tossing to coat.
- Cover tightly and chill for at least 4 hours or over night, stirring occasionally.
We used only cucumbers and tomatoes. The dressing is great.