This was in the RSVP section of Bon Appetit magazine. From Flying Fish Restaurant; Seattle, Washington.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces dried mai fun noodles
- 12 ounces cooked shrimp, Chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, Finely Chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, Peeled And Chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, Chopped
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts, Chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, Finely Chopped
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 16 egg roll wraps
- 1 large egg
- vegetable oil, For Frying
For Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
- 1Cook noodles in pot of boiling water until tender, about 1 minute.
- 2Drain. Rinse with cold water.
- 3Drain well.
- 4Coarsely chop.
- 5Place noodles in bowl. Mix in next 7 ingredients.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place 1 egg roll wrapper on work surface.
- 8Place 1/4 cup shrimp mixture in 3-inch-long log down center of wrapper.
- 9Fold bottom of wrapper over filling, then fold in sides of wrapper over filling.
- 10Brush top edge of wrapper with egg.
- 11Roll up tightly, pressing to seal edge.
- 12Repeat with remaining wrappers and shrimp mixture. (Can be made 6 hours ahead. Cover; chill.).
- 13Pour oil into heavy large pot to depth of 3 inches.
- 14Heat to 350°F
- 15Working in batches, add rolls to oil; deep-fry until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 16Drain on paper towels.
- 17Serve with sauce.
- 18To make soy-ginger dipping sauce:.
- 19Whisk all ingredients in bowl to blend. Makes about 1 cup.
Browse Our Top Japanese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Japanese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Rolls With Soy-Ginger Dipping Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.5
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 62.3 mg
- Sodium 978.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 10.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: