Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick, easy and healthy version of the Asian favorite.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, from the heart chopped fine
- 6 water chestnuts, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bean sprout, a handful,chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained,flaked
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, such as tamari
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, eyeball it
- 4 sheets defrosted phyllo dough (13 by 17-inch)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Add oil to a preheated skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- Saute pepper, celery, water chestnuts, onion 2 to 3 minutes.
- Veggies should still have a little crunch.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add bean spouts, crab, soy and thyme.
- Combine well with a spoon.
- Paint half of a sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter and fold sheet in half.
- Pile a few spoonfuls of filling 2 inches from the bottom of sheet and leaving 2 inches at either side of sheet.
- Fold bottom flap up and side edges in, then roll up and over until you reach the top of the sheet.
- Your crab pastry will look like a spring roll.
- Touch the edges and sides of your roll with melted butter and place roll seam side down on a pastry sheet.
- Bake rolls 15 minutes or until lightly golden all over in the center of the oven.