Quick, easy and healthy version of the Asian favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, from the heart chopped fine
- 6 water chestnuts, chopped fine
- 1/2 small onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup fresh bean sprout, a handful,chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained,flaked
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce, such as tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, eyeball it
- 4 sheets defrosted phyllo dough (13 by 17-inch)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1Add oil to a preheated skillet over medium to medium high heat.
- 2Saute pepper, celery, water chestnuts, onion 2 to 3 minutes.
- 3Veggies should still have a little crunch.
- 4Transfer to a bowl.
- 5Add bean spouts, crab, soy and thyme.
- 6Combine well with a spoon.
- 7Paint half of a sheet of phyllo dough with melted butter and fold sheet in half.
- 8Pile a few spoonfuls of filling 2 inches from the bottom of sheet and leaving 2 inches at either side of sheet.
- 9Fold bottom flap up and side edges in, then roll up and over until you reach the top of the sheet.
- 10Your crab pastry will look like a spring roll.
- 11Touch the edges and sides of your roll with melted butter and place roll seam side down on a pastry sheet.
- 12Bake rolls 15 minutes or until lightly golden all over in the center of the oven.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Rolls with Crab
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.6
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 87.5 mg
- Sodium 996.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 22.1 g