With the inclusion of fiery Japanese wasabi for spicy and coconut for sweet, these are something else again! Recipe found in Better Homes and Gardens' Fresh and Simple Vegetable Dinners cookbook(let)!
FOR SPRING ROLLS
- 6 round rice paper sheets (each 8 inches in diameter)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 -2 teaspoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise or 1⁄3 cup salad dressing
- 2 cups broccoli, shredded or 2 cups broccoli slaw mix
- 5 1⁄4 ounces extra firm tofu, drained, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 6 leaves romaine lettuce
FOR DIPPING SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- FOR SPRING ROLLS ~ Carefully dip each rice paper quickly in water & place between paper towels or clean cotton dish towels, then set aside for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine ginger, wasabi paste & lime juice, then stir in mayonnaise dressing.
- In a large bowl toss together shredded broccoli, tofu & coconut.
- Add ginger mixture & toss to coat.
- Line each rice paper with a lettuce leaf.
- Spoon broccoli mixture over lettuce, then wrap rice paper around broccoli mixture.
- FOR DIPPING SAUCE ~ Stir together the 3 sauce ingredients.
- Serve spring rolls with sauce on the side.