Kevin L Chef #166548's Note:
A simple appetizer and favorite of the family. Recipe from step by step chinese cooking with my lessons learned applied.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 spring roll wrappers (1 package large)
- 2 mushrooms (either Dried Chinese, or Crimean)
- 4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces canned bamboo shoots, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces bean sprouts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- oil, for deep-fat frying
- 1Separate wrappers and cut each into 4 squares. I do these one at a time when I am ready to fill wrappers. You can substitute spring roll wrappers with egg roll wrappers. Tastes the same, appearance is a little different.
- 2Mushrooms - dry, remove stems and cut caps into this strips or chop. Set to side.
- 3Finely chop - onions, bamboo shoots, pepper, chicken and bean sprouts. (I chop each and put to side).
- 4In skillet, with 2 tablesppons of oil, cook chicken, onions, bamboo shoots, pepper and mushrooms till chicken is no longer pink.
- 5Add bean sprouts and cook for 30 seconds more.
- 6Stir in soy sauce and sugar, then set to side in skillet to cool.
- 7Take large wrapper and cut into 4 squares. Laying square like a diamond, place a spoonful of mixture on the wrapper and fold one point over it. Fold in the other two side points, then roll up towards the last point forming a log. Moisten last point with water and press to seal.
- 8Deep-fry spring rolls, a few at a time, in hot oil (375° ) till golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve with Plum, duck, soy, mustard or spicy sauces as desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 200.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g