Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
"energy density" = 1.2
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 ounce uncooked rice sticks
- 1 lb peeled shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh basil
- 1 cup shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup seeded chopped red bell pepper
- 16 cooked shelled de-veined shrimp
- 8 round rice paper sheets
- Place the first 6 ingredients in a jar and shake.
- Cook rice sticks. Combine with next 8 ingredients.
- Cut each shrimp in half.
- Soften rice sheets, one at a time.
- Place ½ cup filling and 4 slices shrimp and wrap. Serve with sauce.
Found this searching before I posted it, glad to see it in the DB. Original source is "The Volumetrics Eating Plan" by Dr. Barbara Rolls.