Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
From Kim Son Restaurant in Sugarland, TX and altered to make it even better. They spelled it Muoc Mam. I used to CRAVE this sauce on spring rolls and salads. It is so yum! I do not know how many servings this would make. See Kimson.com for more of their recipes.
Top Review by mybirdzone
Delicious. Made with the Vietnamese Cold Spring rolls on this site. Was hoping this sauce would be much thicker but maybe I didn't cook it long enough or maybe it's supposed to be this way. It's still great and easy to make although it does make a ton. For two people I would scale to .25 or .5 serving.
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1⁄4 cup mint leaf, chopped
- chili pepper, chopped (optional)
- peanuts, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, vinegar and sugar and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add fish sauce.
- Add shredded carrots and mint.
- Taste and add more fish sauce and cayenne to taste.
- Cool before serving.
- Chopped chili peppers and finely chopped peanuts may also be added to warm sauce and then allowed to cool.