Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a great rice dish served as a main or side dish.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon lemons, zest of, grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil and butter in heavy saucepan over med heat.
- Sir in fennel, red pepper, onion and garlic.
- In a small bowl, mix together lemon zest, mint, parsley and rosemary.
- Stir half of this herb mixture into saucepan and set aside the rest.
- Sauté vegetables until slightly softened, 3-4 minute.
- Stir in coriander and rice.
- Cook, stirring frequently until rice grains are thoroughly coated with oil and butter.
- Stir in wine, reduce heat to low.
- Stir in 1 cup of broth.
- Continue to stir while ladling in more broth as needed; rice should have a thin veil of broth at all times.
- Cook 20-25 minutes until all broth is used and absorbed and rice is tender.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in remaining herb mixture, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to stand 8-10 minute before serving.
This was my first try at making Risotto and won't be the last.My little adopted Princess' recipe is just lovely,I had to use dried herbs but it was creamy and flavourful just the same.I will definitely make this again and also when I have fresh herbs from my garden. A Fall PAC Orphanage review!