1/2 Photos of Spring Potato Strata
1 hr 30 mins
This is great for dinner, lunch, breakfast, snack, brunch, pretty much great anytime you're hungry!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 medium leeks, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 2 1/2 lbs potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 2 1/2 cups shredded fontina or 2 1/2 cups shredded swiss cheese, , divided
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 375 F degrees.
- 2Lightly spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- 3In large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat until melted.
- 4Cook and stir leeks and garlic 1 to 2 minutes or until leeks are tender.
- 5Add bell peppers and mushrooms; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- 6Remove from heat; set aside.
- 7Layer 1/2 of the potatoes onto bottom of prepared dish; sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups of the cheese.
- 8Spoon vegetable mixture over cheese.
- 9Layer remaining potatoes over vegetables.
- 10In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper and thyme (if desired); pour evenly over potatoes.
- 11Cover with aluminum foil.
- 12Bake 1 hour or until potatoes are almost tender.
- 13Remove foil; top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- 14Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until top is golden and potatoes are tender.
- 15Let stand 5 to 10 minutes; cut into 8 servings.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Potato Strata
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.5
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.0 mg
- Sodium 872.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 20.5 g