Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My neighbor gave us some fresh peas and I was hard pressed to make something with them, so I created this recipe. I think this is lovely.
- 2 cups fresh spring peas, can use frozen
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced, any sweet onion
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thinly
- mayonnaise, enough to lightly coat
- sea salt, to taste
- pepper, fresh ground to taste
- Add peas to boiling water, simmer 1 minute, drain, cool under cold water or plunge into ice water. Drain.
- Cook bacon, chop and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients together, add to cool peas; refrigerate. Add bacon before serving.