Recipe by Lori Mama
This recipe is adapted from my favorite DR. Oetker vegetable cookbook "Gemuese Mal So Mal So".
Top Review by Debbwl
This salad is custom made for a hot summer days. Very quick and easy. Made using black forest ham from the deli and add a handful of diced onion that was already in the frig. Would like to try this with lightly blanched fresh asparagus when it comes in season. Thanks for the post.
- 125 g cooked ham, sliced and cut into strips
- 1 (250 g) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (250 g) jar asparagus, cut into pieces
- 250 g frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables and ham into a bowl.
- Combine the oil/lemon juice, salt and sugar in a jar with tight fitting lid and shake until you have a somewhat thick sauce.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Pour over peas mixture and toss.
- Let stand for 1/2 hour before serving.
- Note: You can use fresh cooked peas/asparagus and lightly sauted mushrooms instead of the jarred/canned.