Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this recipe in an Oregon newspaper while on vacation. Could not wait to get home and try it and was not disappointed.
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, marinate
- 1 lime, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 bunch green asparagus, cut diagonally into 2 inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 lb farfalle pasta
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped coarsley
- 1 bunch arugula, chopped coarsley
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, coarsley shredded
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- In medium large skilliet over low heat, cook the bacon until crisp. With slotted spoon, remove and set aside. Keep bacon drippings in pan and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line large baking sheet with foil.
- Mix chicken with teriyaki marinate, half of lime zest and all of lime juice. Return skillet with bacon drippings to med-high heat- when hot, remove chicken from marinate and add to pan and cook 3-4 minutes, or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Add marinate to the pan with chicken and cook until reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Combine asparagus with 2 tbs oil in a medium bowl; season to taste with salt and pepper. Turn onto lined baking sheet and roast for about 15 minutes or until tender-crisp and a little charred. Add to skillet with cooked chicken.
- Cook pasta al dente in salted water. When done, reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water and drain rest.
- If necessary, reheat chicken and asparagus. Toss with the cooked pasta, along with the bacon, parsley, arugula, cheese and remaining lime zest. Add a little of the reserved pasta water to moisten, if necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with toasted almonds and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.