Recipe by Lainey6605
This is from Woman's Day.
Top Review by IngridH
This was a nice, fresh pasta salad. With all of the vegetables in it, I didn't have to make a second side dish- made dinner much easier! The lemon flavor from both the zest and the juice made the citrus flavor very pronounced, which I really enjoyed. I served this with grilled chicken, and it was a wonderful combination. Made for ZWT7- Emerald City Shakers.
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 8 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups bagged shredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint or 1⁄2 cup fresh dill or 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk lemon zest, juice, water, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended.
- Add onions and let stand while pasta cooks.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta, return to a boil and cook as package directs; stir in asparagus and carrots 3 minutes before pasta will be done.
- Cook until pasta and vegetables are just firm-tender.
- Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again.
- Put in a bowl with dressing.
- Add mint or dill or parsley to mix and coat.