1/2 Photos of Spring Orzo Salad
This is from Woman's Day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 8 ounces asparagus, ends trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups bagged shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup fresh mint or 1/2 cup fresh dill or 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Whisk lemon zest, juice, water, oil, sugar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until blended.
- 2Add onions and let stand while pasta cooks.
- 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- 4Add pasta, return to a boil and cook as package directs; stir in asparagus and carrots 3 minutes before pasta will be done.
- 5Cook until pasta and vegetables are just firm-tender.
- 6Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain again.
- 7Put in a bowl with dressing.
- 8Add mint or dill or parsley to mix and coat.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 177.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g