Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 medium shallots, peeled and finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 1 lb asparagus, tips trimmed, stems cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse under cold water, and drain. Set aside.
- Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium heat. Add shallots, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until shallots are soft. Raise heat to medium-high, stir in mushrooms, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until asparagus are crisp-tender. Stir in peas, season with salt and pepper, and remove from heat.
- To make Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl until emulsified. Place pasta, vegetables, and vinaigrette in large bowl, and stir to combine. Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.