Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a recipe for a basic noodle cake. On their own they are a little bland (I still like to eat them plain sometimes)They can be easily jazzed up by serving with a dipping sauce or adding garlic, chilli anything you like really!
- 60 g fine egg noodles
- 1 medium egg (beaten)
- 50 g plain flour (sifted)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 100 g feta, crumbled
- oil (for frying)
- break up noodles into shorter lengths and boil in lightly salted water for 3 minutes Remove, drain and rinse in cold water.
- mix egg, flour and milk to make a batter add the onions, feta and noodles and mix together.
- Heat some oil in a pan (olive, sesame, spray, chilli whatever your favourite is).
- Fry each cahe for about 2 mins each side giving them a press down after the first turning. Eat hot or cold.
Oh YUM!!!! These are so quick and easy and so yummy! I used chives as that's what I had on hand, and used about 60g feta which I thought was enough. The feta really makes these flavourful! I also added about 1/4 tsp dried dill as the discription says they're a little bland. It turned out great! I ate of my cake dipped in some salsa. The batter is a perfect consistancy. I used a liberal spray of cooking spray which worked well. This is a definite make again recipe!! Thank you!!