Recipe by Gone Fishin'
I served this salad for Thanksgiving and since then have fixed it several more times. I keep a jar of the dressing handy. We have a wonderful Grocery in Austin, Central Market. This came from there store magazine.
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
This was a very tasty salad! It was a little bit sweet, but the cheese toned down the sweetness a bit. If you can't find Stilton cheese (or don't want to spend the extra money) use a nice blue cheese. Also, the dressing was delicious, but next time I will leave the sugar out of it. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
- 1⁄2 lb organic spring greens
- 6 ounces of clawson Stilton cheese
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon orange rind
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons la posada spanish sherry wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, bring Ingredients 5-7 to a boil.
- Add pecan halves and toss with wooden spoon for about 3-5 minutes. Be careful not to burn the pecans.
- Take off fire and place on wax paper and cool. Use 1 cup for the salad and freeze the rest.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the last 4 ingredients.
- Assemble your salad, place pecans on top of salad and drizzle with dressing. ENJOY!