Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This delicious salad is great when fresh strawberries are in season.
Top Review by DDW
Delicious salad! I made "as is" and everyone loved it. Wouldn't change a thing other than I might used sugared pecans next time just because we really like them in salad. Very glad I ran across this recipe, it's a keeper!
- 453.59 g fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 44.37 ml olive oil, divided
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1892.72 ml mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 709.77 ml sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans, toasted
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large salad bowl, toss greens, strawberries, onions, pecans and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.