This delicious salad is great when fresh strawberries are in season.
Make and share this Spring Mix Strawberry Asparagus Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 8 cups mixed baby lettuces and spring greens
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a bowl, toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil. Spread in a single layer in a greased 15x10-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- In a large salad bowl, toss greens, strawberries, onions, pecans and asparagus.
- In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, sugar and remaining oil. Drizzle over the salad and toss to coat.