Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is from Rachael Ray's magazine.
Make and share this Spring Minestrone Pasta With Crispy Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lb short pasta, such as ditalini (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed
- 2 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- fresh parsley, and
- of fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 4 minutes; reserve 2 tablespoons of the fat and drain the bacon on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, heat the bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add 4 cups water and the salt and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is just tender and the liquid is more than halfway absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the beans, zucchini and peas and season with salt and pepper. Return to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are fork-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan, herbs and lemon peel.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the pasta and vegetables to bowls.
- Top with more parmesan and the reserved bacon.