Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a lovely bowl of soup for a chilly night - the recipe is from a magazine called Delicious
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 300 g cheese tortellini or 300 g spinach tortellini, etc
- 400 g drained cannellini beans
- 3⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons basil pesto, and extra
- basil pesto, to serve
- shaved parmesan cheese, to serve
- Heat oil and cook onion till soft.
- Add carrot and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add peas and beans and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in pesto.
- Serve with parmesan and more pesto.
Nice and filling! I used spinach ravioli, and the pesto provided a wonderful flavor. Thanks for sharing!
This will make fantastic lunches for the week! I did need to add about 3/4 cup of water because there was very little liquid. For the pasta I used spinach and ricotta agnolotti, and it really complemented the pesto well. Overall, a quick yummy soup! Thanks Kate!
This was so easy to make and the flavor was delicious! I used whole wheat tortellini. The basil pesto really flavored the soup nicely. Thanks for sharing katew, we enjoyed this very much :) Nick's Mom