Recipe by BOLDERGAL
This salad reminds me of the mediterranean - light, fresh and warm. I used it as a main dish with crusty bread on the side. JUST TRY IT and trust me!
Top Review by CIndytc
this is going to be my favorite salad from now on....wonderful....with or without chicken on it...i did change the dressing and used splendra instead of sugar for the diabetics in the family....but it was 5 stars all the way...going to serve it again this monday for a birthday dinner...yum
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce, salad mix
- 2 1⁄2 ounces bags Baby Spinach
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cleaned
- roast chicken seasoning
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, washed and sliced
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Start the grill.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a shaker.
- Season both sides of the chicken with rotisserie seasoning and begin grilling.
- Assemble mixture of romaine and spinach on individual plates.
- Top with slices strawberries.
- On top of strawberries, place a small pile of goat cheese crumbles.
- In saute pan, toast pine nuts (keep them moving- they toast fast!).
- Scatter pine nuts on each salad.
- Once chicken is cooked through, slice and place on top of goat cheese.
- Add dressing.