Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Source: Yoga Journal, March 2012. "This colorful hash turns out like a casserole after it’s topped with polenta and cheese and warmed in the oven. "
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, trimmed, halved, and chopped (6 cups)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 1 (16 ounce) package prepared polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 2 ounces crumbled aged chevre cheese (1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Heat oil in ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add leeks, bell pepper, 1 Tbs. thyme, and red pepper flakes; sauté 10 minutes. Stir in broth and garlic.
- Arrange polenta slices over leek mixture in skillet; top with crumbled chèvre and remaining 1 Tbs. thyme. ?Bake 10 minutes, or until chèvre softens.