1/1 Photo of Spring is Finally Here Pasta Salad
A magazine gave me the idea for the combination of veggies in this pasta salad, but gave no actual recipe, so this is what I came up with. I was in a fantastic mood and came up with this light, refreshing salad to reflect my mood and the wonderful Spring day. I think if you happen to have some leftover steamed salmon or chunks of white tuna, that would be a nice addition as well. I did not measure while creating this, so please feel free to adjust all seasonings to your liking. If you don't like onions, you could use minced shallots, red bell pepper or some scallions instead. If you don't have rocket, you may use arugula, mizuna or watercress.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked spiral shaped pasta (measured after cooking, cooked to just al dente, drained, cooled)
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- maldon sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- 1 (425 ml) can corn, vacuum packed (the half size can)
- 3 tablespoons red onions, minced very finely
- 1 head baby gem lettuce, shredded (mini Romaine)
- 1/2 cup rocket, rinsed and drained (1 handful)
for the dressing
- 1Dice the tomatoes and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sea salt and black pepper and a very tiny pinch of sugar - let sit a couple of minutes as you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, pasta, corn, letttuce, rocket and onion, tossing to combine.
- 3Drizzle in some walnut oil to give everythng just a light coating, mix then add in some vinegar and a splash of Worcestershire sauce.
- 4Season with a pinch of sea salt and pepepr, toss and taste, adding more of any of the dressing ingredients until you are happy with the balance.
- 5Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spring is Finally Here Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.3
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: